Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Night Show N Tell

So this quilt began as a simple blanket (at least that's how it started in my head!) and somehow evolved into this very cute quilt! My goal was to only use fabrics from my stash, and I needed to do something quick - fast! Hence the original quick blanket idea. But, the fabrics that inspired me I didn't have enough of to make a blanket with, so I started adding and cutting fabrics, and somehow ended up with this:


To try to make up for some time, simple quilting - simple lines spaced far enough to keep the batting happy. I loved all the fun little boy prints - fun dinosaurs, dogs, polka dots, and stripes.

Oh gosh, forgot to mention. The manager at my daycare is having a boy next month and I wanted to make her a handmade gift...always my goal. In one of my typical rants, it is SO difficult to find boy fabrics. I don't think any of these are super spectacular fabrics, mostly stuff from JoAnns, Walmart, and Hobby Lobby, but cute nonetheless and they ended up working out very nicely together.


And for the backing, I was lucky enough to have a yard of this super cute dark brown large polka dot fabric. I think it provides a nice contrast.

The only thing left is the binding, which I didn't find anything in my stash that really spoke to me, and I am thinking some sort of orange would be really nice. I don't have enough of the orange polka dot used in the quilt, plus I didn't know how the orange polka dots would work with the brown polka dot backing, so maybe an orange stripe?! If you know me, you know I LIVE FOR stripes and polka dots! My two favorites.

So I will be back to the quilt store tomorrow (oh bummer!) to try to find something fun to finish this quilt off with a pop of WOW and FUN.


Although my corners aren't perfect...for me they are pretty darn good!



1 comment:

  1. Totally cute, I agree with the orange. I think a solid would work too.

    ReplyDelete