Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Boy Quilt Top

This is probably my most favoritist (yes, I'm making up words again) project I have done in a long time! I love the way this quilt is turning out!

It is SOOOOO difficult to find fabrics that are for boys/men, especially if you aren't a fan of the baseball and football fabrics. This quilt is for one of my sister-in-laws who is expecting a boy this fall. She has a little bit of an edge to her (in a totally awesome way!), so I kind of went with it.


The pattern is from Moda Bake Shop, Building Blocks Baby Quilt, which I just made a bit larger than the recipe called for.

I basically just decided to go around the fabric store and pick out fat quarters that I liked, that weren't completely girlish. I found about 4 fabrics that reminded me of a skater/80-90s era, and I decided to just go with it. I ended up with 8 fat quarters that went together pretty well. There are a couple of Ty Pennington designs, a few Sugar Pop from Moda, as well as some others mixed in there. Can you spot them?


And I loved the herringbone-ish sashing fabric! One of the girls at the quilt store helped me pick it out - thanks Emily!

I will be going back to the fabric store on Friday to try to pick out the border fabrics. I really hope she likes it! I kind of want to keep it for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment