Monday, January 21, 2013

More Giggles

This is actually the first Giggles & Giggles quilt I completed. My mom and I made this quilt probably about a year ago - she is such a trooper and does the ruffling for me - for my daughter, who is two now. 


It was a very cute kit Emily at Materials Girl in Draper, Utah had put together. I love all the rich, bright pinks and oranges, with touches of gray and yellows. Perfect for a tiny little girl with a very large personality.

This is the pattern by Sew Much Ado.

This was also my first attempt at doing some fancier free motion quilting designs.


It is certainly far from perfect, but I went outside my comfort zone and I'm happy with that. Practice practice practice! My new philosophy when it comes to long-arm quilting: have a drink, put on your big-girl panties, and get stitchin!


Here's a peek at the back:


And a few more looks....




No comments:

Post a Comment