Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Boston Lobsters

I can't find the words to describe how much I love this quilt. LOVE. 


Isn't she perfect!? I made this quilt for my manager who is having a baby boy in about a month. She loves Lobsters, Boston, and the Red Sox. When I found this lobster print (which I'm hoping really is lobsters and NOT crawfish), it just seemed perfect. When I was looking for fabric to go with it, I came across a Reunion Jelly Roll (by Sweetwater for Moda) I had in my stash, which complements it perfectly - so many great navys and reds.


Just a simple 16-patch that I strip-pieced and then alternated with the lobster squares. In case you are interested, these are 8-inch finished blocks, so this is somewhere around a 40x40 quilt.


I just did a simple stipple for the quilting, and did machine binding.


Aren't they cute!?


No comments:

Post a Comment