Monday, August 4, 2014

Urban Candy Quilt - and My First Quilt Label

This past weekend my wonderful, beautiful, amazing, kind and generous mom turned 60! And for the record, she doesn't look or act a day over 45. I wanted to make something special for her, and I knew she would love the Urban Candy quilt pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful.


This quilt uses Anna Maria Horner's Crush line. Gorgeous colors that popped on this Essex Linen fabric from Robert Kaufman.

Quick Curve Ruler Sew Kind of Wonderful

For the quilting, I left it simple and just did some straight lines, which I think enhance the curves on this one. Plus, I wanted this one to be super cuddly so I avoided heavy quilting.

Quick Curve Ruler Sew Kind of Wonderful


My first quilt label - so proud and it is like a birthday card she will always keep =)


And for the backing, I used an old Art Gallery print I had in my stash. My mom's favorite color is yellow, and the Art Gallery fabric have such a great soft feel to them, they make the perfect backings.


The pattern was easy enough to follow. I will definitely be making another quilt using the Quick Curve Ruler.


Didn't quite have enough of the backing, so I added in a piece from the Crush line - loved pieced backings!


7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I' m sure your mom absolutely adored it! What a special gift for a special milestone birthday. I have a quick curve ruler and a couple of patterns but have yet to use them. This lovely work has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors! I'm sure your mom loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. I am sewing one for my daughter. When ironing the pattern says to iron seams towards the curves. Does that mean they both are ironed in the same direction? Or towards each other? Any help is appreciated. Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the name of this pattern? Do you sell it? The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is called Urban Candy by Sew Kind of Wonderful, using their Quick Curve Ruler. Learn more at their website: http://sewkindofwonderful.com/

      Delete