Monday, August 11, 2014

Star Struck!

Last week, Angela Walters was in the Handi Quilter's studio filming for QNN tv. I had the honor of meeting her and somehow convinced her to sign a few things for me. She's one of my quilting idols - I think her approach and attitude towards quilting is phenomenal and so inspirational, especially to non-professionals like myself.

Before she began, I suggested she warm up and make sure the pen worked (wink, wink) on my whiteboard in my office (like I hadn't already tested the pen before she came in!).


Then I had her sign my trusty Fusion first (just in case she ran out of time or patience ;)


And it turned out amazing!

Then I had her sign two books she authored that I owned copies of...and as if that wasn't enough, she gave me her one and only hard copy - her advance copy!! - of her new book Shape by Shape (due out in September)!! 

And by the way quilty peeps, this book is fantastic! Pre-order now! Each section has a typical pieced shape, and there are a bunch of different ways to quilt it with detailed instructions on how to quilt the design. Angela breaks it down and they are easy enough for even me to follow! I love the hexagon section so much - it inspired me to work on finishing up a hexagon quilt. 


That's her signing...


She's just as nice and genuine and down to earth as you might expect. I can't wait to see her again. 

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment