Monday, July 14, 2014

Modern Crosses

I finished up this quilt about a year ago and failed to take final pictures of it. Lots of scrappy low volume lights for the background with pops of bold colors for the crosses - most of which I believe are Free Spirit prints.


The pattern is called Modern Crosses out of the Modern Log Cabin Quilting: 25 Simple Quilts and Patchwork Projects by Susan Beal. I wasn't thrilled with the instructions - I ended up just making up my own pattern/cutting instructions, but in the end, I love this quilt.

I quilted a bunch of straight lines with random distances from each other - love the modern look it added to this quilt. Also love the yellow butterflies for the backing and the black and white stripes for the binding - just the perfect finishing touches for this one.


Will be finding a place to hang this one up in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment