Monday, June 16, 2014

Quilting Progress - Finishing Quilts!

I have been loving my HandiQuilter Fusion machine. I am also super lucky to have the Pro-Stitcher for it, which is the computerized quilting for the HandiQuilter quilting machines. Although I love the process of and results from free motion quilting, sometimes it's nice to sit back and let the machine do all the work...and frankly, sometimes all a quilt really needs is a good all-over pattern.

According to Instagram, both of these quilt tops were finished a year ago (heavy sigh), but alas they are quilted!

First up, my Houndstooth Quilt. Simple navy and white solids.


Close-up of the quilting...the pattern is called Turbulence by Apricot Moon. I thought it added the perfect touch of movement and curve to the straight lines of the houndstooth.


I found this Alexander Henry print called Sloane and instantly new this had to be the backing. I think it adds the perfect contrast and complement to the front.


And my St. Louis 16-Patch Quilt. I used a variety of Anna Maria Horner and Art Gallery prints - and there is even a token Tula Pink print in there.


I found this great all over digital pattern for the quilting - it has some leaves, flowers, and a swirl. Thought it was the perfect pattern for this quilt top. Here are some closeups.





 Now my to-bind stack of quilts is growing! I'm thinking a binding/movie/netflix weekend may be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment