Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Modern Crosses

I was having a bad day, well really, a bad week. What's a girl to do but go on a little fabric splurge!? I went to one of my favorite LQS, and ended up heading home with this little bundle of joy.


I didn't really have anything in mind when I was picking these fabrics, other than I wanted to try to play with the concept of low volume/low definition prints with some rich/bold prints. When I got home, I was going through some books and magazines and saw this little gem:

 

Perfect. So I decided to begin Modern Crosses from Modern Log Cabin Quilting. They are sort of like the plus quilts that have been popular as of recently, but a little fatter and better I think. I began with making a few blocks to see how they would turn out.



Love. LOVE. L-O-V-E!


And here are the 14 together I have completed so far. 


Not sure how big I'm going to make this. The pattern in the book is for an 80x80 quilt, which is pretty big. I'm not sure I want to go that big. I'm going to make at least 42 blocks, so a 54x63 size throw (9" finished block size), and then see if I want to go any bigger.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment