Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Marcelle Medallion Cotton + Steel Quilt Top

In my desperate and most likely futile attempt to clean up and lean out my quilt room, I have been trying to finish up old projects. This of course is in lieu of starting new projects. And buying more fabric. Keep me in your prayers folks. 


So far, plan is going well. I busted out my Marcelle Medallion quilt. I started it a year or so ago and stopped with only the center block and the triangle border done:


I worked on this one every night during a week and was able to finish it up by the end of Sunday...with a bit of light left to spare to sneak in a few less-than-perfect pictures. It kept growing...


and growing...

Until it was all grown up - poor evening lighting photos...


This quilt may very well the be the beginning of a beautiful obsession with medallion quilts. 


Some Good Info
Pattern: Marcelle Medallion from Alexia Marcelle Abegg's Liberty Love book
Fabrics: Mostly Cotton and Steel prints with a large variety of low-volume prints from my stash

Footnote: Medallion quilts are not ideal for the indecisive Libra quilters like myself - too many options. I'm fairly certain I spent more time picking out and choosing fabrics than actual sewing and pressing time.

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning - love how you have mixed in the B&W with the C&S fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete