Friday, June 5, 2015

Packers T-Shirt Quilt

Holy cow ladies and gents...T-shirt quilts are the bomb to make! I loved every second of the process. I can't wait to make more! Plus, I think it turned out pretty rad, so that makes it even better.

t-shirt quilt

Here's where I began (apologies for the blurry photo) - a big stack of T-shirts and other various Green Bay Packers' paraphernalia. 


One of the first questions I get asked is where I got all the T-shirts. Let me answer that now. Some were from the quilt recipient, but the vast majority are from a friend's mom and mother-in-law who live in Wisconsin. These two kind ladies went to second-hand stores and purchased used shirts and jerseys for me to use. Could not have done this without them!

Here's a picture of the quilt almost done...


And the top done...


Quilted and bound...


A bit of a closeup...


And the back...shows the quilting quite well. I quilted a bunch of chevron lines on my HQ Pro-Stitcher at various widths apart in chunks. I thought it fit the sporty feel and was not girly in any way.



Here's my very happy nephew...one could safely say he's a Packers fan. (This was a gift for his high school graduation.)



Seriously...I had a blast making this. I have bins of my kids old clothing and I can't wait to dig in and make some memory quilts.

Stitch on!

2 comments:

  1. Did you fuse the shirts? What was your process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you fuse the shirts? What was your process?

    ReplyDelete