Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting Braver!

I acquired a new-to-me long-arm quilting machine. This has been very exciting and scary and overwhelming and fun all in one.

I've used it to quilt six or seven quilt tops now, and I have done stars and loops, loops and flowers...basically pretty easy patterns...but all free motion. I finally decided to be brave and try a more challenging pattern. This is a quilt my mom and I worked on together that is for my almost-two-year-old baby girl. I love how it turned out! And I'm super excited to try new patterns and get some of my quilt tops finished.



I love the idea of making an entire quilt from start to finish, and I've gotten much better at embracing the imperfections. After all, if I wanted perfection, I could have machines and computers do it for me.

This quilt is actually done...the binding is even sewn on it, and now I just need to hand stitch the binding to the back. And it's been seen sitting that way for a couple months now. Must get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment