Monday, July 23, 2012

Cluck Cluck Stars

When I saw Cluck Cluck Sew's finished stars (click here), I knew I finally found a patriotic quilt for me. The traditional red white and blue quilts don't really do it for me, so I was excited to find this pattern and inspiration for my summer quilt.

How awesome is this quilt!!??
IMG_4229

Did I mention Cluck Cluck Sew also has a tutorial on it? AWESOME! (click here for tutorial)

When I started this quilt, I thought I could have this done in no time. Well, these blocks took longer than I thought. I think it was mostly the planning and putting fabric together and cutting part. The sewing part was a breeze.

Here are my final blocks cut out and waiting to be sewn.






And here are all 48 blocks finished. Now I just need to fiddle and rearrange the blocks till they are just perfect.


I found a perfect backing, which after looking at Cluck Cluck Sew's backing, I might have copied that! Let's just say I have good taste and great minds think alike =)






No comments:

Post a Comment