Monday, October 24, 2011

Silly Dinos

I decided to determine if my Cricut Expressions can help me reduce time when appliqueing. And, to my delight, it works! This cute dino was cut out using my Cricut and then appliqued on to the onsie (a gift for my girlfriend Lori who just had her baby girl).



I made this little shirt for Lori's son, who is almost 5. He LOVES dinosaurs (also very popular in my house) and thought I would make him a little something special. I did the T-rex the old-fashioned way, but used my Cricut to cut out the RaWR! text.



I'm very happy with how these turned out and love to have another gift idea in my repertoire.

Also super excited to see what I can get my Cricut to cut out of fabric. It seems the larger, less-detailed objects and fonts do well, but the smaller, more-detailed objects tend to not cut out as well. Still, this will save me lots of time!

For anyone out there wanting to try this out, I set my needle all the way down (I believe it was the 6 setting - regardless, whatever the highest number is what you want to turn your needle position to), speed set to slowest, and pressure set to highest. I also sort of went along with the needle and tried to keep the fabric down as much as possible (occasionally it would sort of hang up and the needle would catch it). I was using Heat N Bond, with Heat N Bond side down on the sticky mat.

If anyone has tried this, please comment on what success you have had!

No comments:

Post a Comment