Sunday, July 31, 2011

Apricot Birdies

Although I have been starting a lot of projects recently, I have been working on finishing some as well. I started this quilt knowing it would be the first one on my new (to me) quilting machine - the Handi Quilter 16. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, so I didn't want to spend a ton of time on the piecing of the quilt.

But sure enough, it turned out pretty cute after all, and the quilting is not so bad either.


I really loved these buttons I found and put them on the flowers.


For the quilting, I did a simple loop and flower. Unfortunately, I used a thread that blended in so well you can barely see the quilting on these pictures. Here is the best photo I could come up with.


The quilting turned out much better than I had anticipated - at least for my first try. I was quite pleased. And I just loved the backing fabric too...

No comments:

Post a Comment