Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Ghastlies

I just got done with another wonderful weekend at CJ's Quilt Retreats. I was able to finish three quilt tops, almost a fourth (just have a little bit of sashing left), and start one additional project. So much fun! Love quilt retreats!

Here is what very well be may be my favorite quilt of all time...not just that I've done, but ever in the history of quilts. Just love this!



I have been admiring The Ghastlies by Alexander Henry for a couple years now, but I already had a Halloween quilt in the works and just wasn't sure I should start another one until I finished the first one. But, like any good quilter, I realized how foolish I was being and went ahead and picked up some yardage a couple weeks ago. 

I didn't really have a plan, other than I had to have this fabric. Then I was flipping through some quilt books for inspiration...and it hit. Strawberry Fields from Material Obsession. This pattern is by Sarah Fielke and it is fabulous.
It had a big center piece - 10 inch squares for each main center block - that would show off the wonderful Ghastlie family, and some fun additional piecing. I wanted a bit of a challenge. I think it complements the fabrics and showcases The Ghastlies perfectly.

I can't wait to do this pattern again...maybe in something less scary next time!


How much fun are these guys!







4 comments:

  1. Super cool! Thank you for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had found The Ghastlies earlier than I did. I JUST NOW ordered fabric to make a quilt and had to get it from four sources. :D

    ReplyDelete