Saturday, January 7, 2012

Georgia's Quilt

I started this quilt for my friend's daughter a few months back....okay, back in September really. I was pretty much out of commission October and most of November (yucky sicknesses), so I'm finally getting back down to my quilt room.

Georgia turned 5 in November, and I had intended to give it to her then, but sometimes life (particularly those pesty viruses) can get in the way.


This pattern is called Wind Power from the book Modern Basics. It was a kit from a quilt store in Midway, Utah. It uses Penny Lane by Riley Blake Fabrics.

Here is the back:


Since the weather/sunlight was not cooperating, I took some inside shots as well. I'm hoping the weather improves and I can get a better shot or two before I give the quilt to my friend.



This quilt is pretty big - about 72" x 72".
Here you can see some of the quilting (just a basic loop):


Here you can see the backing as well as the binding:

No comments:

Post a Comment